Ziro Music Festival
The Ziro Celebration is generally known to be the one of the best open air celebrations in India. It is a 4-day celebration of music, art, culture, and happiness. Celebrated with much intensity and vitality, it is additionally a brilliant chance to grandstand the melodic ability of the astonishing specialists of North East India other than advancing tourism in the state. The fame of the celebration is spread far and wide. Many groups of national and global notoriety, for example, Steve Shelley, Lee Ranaldo, Indus Ideology, Diminish Feline Account Organization, Barmer Young men, Menwhopause, Louw Majaw, Sha’air and Func, Master Rewben Mashangwa and so forth have partaken in the celebration. For four sequential days, guests are dealt with to some energizing and amazing tunes. Besides, there are offices of camp convenience adjacent the scene with the goal that music sweethearts are never too a long way from their most loved craftsmen and sessions. Loaded with fun and affair time, The Ziro Celebration abandons you with valuing recollections and give you numerous more motivations to return again with intensified vitality.
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- Every tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh needs to obtain an Inner Line Permit and a Protected Area Permit which can be collected from Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati or Tezpur airports.
- The weather in the north-east is pretty unpredictable, so be prepared to have delays due to the bad weather.
- Most roads in Arunachal Pradesh are being converted into double lane roads so right now they roads aren’t in the best shape.
- Locals are friendly and helpful. Be patient as not everyone will know fluent Hindi or English.
- Most cell phone networks don’t work well, so inform your family or friends about your whereabouts whenever possible.
- Don’t forget to carry some ready to cook food packets or instant noodles if you’re strictly a vegetarian.
- Carry extra batteries, power banks and most importantly warm clothing.
- Keep at least a couple of extra days in hand in case of any problems like landslides and bad weather on your way.
Indias Greatest Outdoor Music Festival
Date: 28 September 2017- 1 October 2017
The nearest Domestic Airport is Salonibari Airport, Tezpur, roughly 6 hours drive from to Ziro. It is well connected to Kolkata and Guwahati through Air India flight. The nearest International Airport from Tawang is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati, roughly 480 Kms from Tawang. It is connected with the major cities like Delhi, Imphal, Kolkata, Agartala, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Lilabari, Silchar, Dimapur, Jorhat and Mumbai.
The nearest railway station is Naharlagun/Itanagar, roughly about 4 hours drive from Bhalukpong. There are daily trains running from Itanagar to Guwahati and Rajdhani express which runs twice a week.
Ziro Valley can be reached through direct buses which are available from Guwahati, Itanagar and North Lakhimpur.
There are tons of hotels & home stays in Ziro prices ranging from anywhere between Rs 900 – Rs 12000 per night. There are also tents on hire. We would recommend that you book your room at least a month in advance during the festival season.